Thank you, Metro Donors!
Check out this special Thank You Message
from several Metro Board members. This goes out to everyone who has recently donated to Metro Ministries. We absolutely cannot do what we do without your support.
Thank you for helping us extend our impact throughout Central Indiana!
Congratulations Spring Grant Recipients!
Join us in congratulating Metro Ministries, Inc.'s Spring 2021 Grant Recipients!
- Ascent 121, Peer Mentoring Program
- Barnes You Feed Them MFP, Community Resource Day
- Bridges Alliance of Johnson County, Community Engagement Event
- Fletcher Place CC, Community Garden
- NeighborLink Indy, Neighborhood Handymen Help Program
- Old Bethel UMC, Egg Fund
- Scott UMC, W.I.N.G.S. Program
- STRIVE Worldwide, Fall Eco-Camp at Union Chapel UMC
We are so excited to partner with these churches and organizations this year. We cannot wait to share stories of impact these programs have on the men, women and children throughout our communities.
Registration Open for Community Resources Workshop
Woud you like to hear how churches and organizations can collaborate to help address the needs of our neighbors? Would you like to learn about the resources available in your community? Would you like to learn about programs available to help with needs like job training, employment, child care, senior care, crisis help?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Metro's Connecting Others with Community Resources workshop may be for you!
- Date: Thursday, May 27
- Time: 2;00 - 3:30 p.m.
- Registration: HERE
This FREE virtual workshop is intended for church leaders, staff and members throughout the Central District who want to learn more about tapping into community resources, for the benefit of folks in their communities. County-specific resources will be shared during and after the workshop.
Panelists will include:
- Alicia Baker, Community Engagement Manager with Aunt Bertha
- Allen Southerland, Pipeline & Partnerships, Shepherd Community Center
- Andrea Leadford, Mobilization & Outreach Director, St. Luke's UMC
- Joni Hurst, Coordinator, Volunteer & Food Services, Mary Rigg Community Center
- Rosie Butler, Program Director, Irvington Community Advocacy Network (ICAN)
Zoom information will be sent after registration, and email reminders will be sent the week of the event.
Registration is capped at 100 attendees.
Church Women United is a racially, culturally, theologically inclusive Christian women’s movement, celebrating unity in diversity and working for a world of peace and justice. This national organization is hosting weekly Zoom sessions on various topics. Here is the May flyer
that includes the topics and speakers for each week. The sessions are on Wednesdays at 1:00 pm.
If you know of other resources we should share, please let us know by emailing Tina McAninch at email@example.com.
These Food Resources will continue to be shared weekly here and are now available on Metro's Resources Hub. Please note the information on these linked pages is subject to change frequently. For the most current information, use the links rather than printed documents.
For Food Pantries and Community Meal information in Marion, Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Johnson, Morgan and Shelby counties, click HERE.
Farmers to Families distributions in Johnson County continues May 7 and May 21, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.